Thursday, January 29, 2009

Submarine Community

Last semester I wrote a paper on how the sub force really displayed the basics of discipline that many churches will never have the guts to seek. As I wrote that paper, I started to develop a mental list of other areas that the military could inform the church on. Granted many of the ideas will be based on my Submarine experience, but as I get into the Chaplain community, I am pretty sure that these ideas will encompass most of the other warfare communities and service branches I work with/in.

I was browsing a submarine blog yesterday and ran across a post that discussed the basis for respect and authority in the submarine world. I knew that only one's ability to perform was the basis for true authority and respect in that world and I am pretty sure that if the church focused on granting the same criteron, who knows how things would turn out. I am thinking there is a very large paper in this somewhere. Maybe later when I have time, if that ever happens again.

No comments: