Friday, January 23, 2009

I needed this....

A friend posted this on his facebook account yesterday and it couldn't have come at a more opportune time. On Wednesday I had to endure a dedicated pacifist hold court in a small group discussion of our ethics class. Now, in all honesty, I appreciate and want pacifists in the world. They provide a great check on some of the horrors of war and violence. What really torqued me about this guy was his close-mindedness and how he was spouting off about how if you aren't of his belief you aren't really Christian. Talk like that does wonders to further your argument. Luckily, we will have more opportunities to discuss items and hopefully he will start to let others talk. But, this photo really summed up my feelings and gave me quite a laugh yesterday. Maybe I will email it to him at the end of the course. He needs to know that he can mouth off and be close minded because of a number of people laying it all on the line for his rights.

No comments: