Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Decisive Victory, Finally!

Finally, in our 4th season over two years of outdoor and indoor soccer, my divinity school team achieved an overwhelming victory in soccer (11-3). The scores are much higher in indoor as the momentum can change instantly and a rash of goals can erase any kind of lead. For reference, we only scored 6 goals all season last year. I even scored 2 and haven't scored a goal in over 5 years because I normally play defense. We are still only 1-1 in this season and have had a few times around .500 in other seasons, so I am cautiously optimistic about our chances to finally earn a playoff spot. I find this amazing because we never load the team with ringers and people outside our program like many of our competitors seem to feel the need to do all to win a simple and cheap T-shirt.

No comments: