Thursday, January 1, 2009

One Benefit of Being a Student Again

Traveling!

I am home for a short 24 hour break in travels. I have been able to accomplish a great deal over the last 18 months, especially the last semester now that I don't have a church I work in right now. I was down in Atlanta yesterday for the Peach Bowl where my Yellow Jackets were soundly thumped by LSU. Special teams and a lack of defense contributed to the embarrassment. However, I can deal with the loss. I had a great time visiting friends and just being at the bowl game. We did not get to a single bowl game in my time at Tech, even going 1-10 one season, so I am glad to attend any game. What I like about this photo is the Chick-Fil-A cows that were parachuting from the ceiling before the game started.


In the second half, the engineering side of the home crowd took over as the game was quite boring by that time. So, the Tech students began to make paper airplanes out of the sheets of paper placed in every seat at the Dome. There was one that went from the upper level in the end zone out to the 30 yard line. It took a little while, then the LSU fans got into the act, with less spectacular results. Then the PA announcer decided to threaten the crowd with prosecution for throwing paper airplanes. Though, after a paper airplane almost hit a thrown ball in play I can understand why they were a little upset. However the impromptu contest of engineering prowess was the most exciting part of the game after the first quarter. LSU put up 28 points in the 2nd quarter alone. Here is a photo of some of the aftermath of the paper airplanes. There were probably 500 along each sideline at the end of the 3rd quarter.


Now it is a night of watching football and off to Montreat for the College Conference tomorrow.

No comments: