Thursday, May 22, 2008

Travelling Adventures

What a long day. You know it is not going to be good when you arrive at the airport and your flight status shows a delay of 2 hours and that is only tentative. Apparently there was some problem with the plane while still on the mainland and the plane hadn't left two hours before my scheduled flight. When I got to the kiosk it said see the agent. I see her then get really worried. She complains about no available flights and disappears for at least 10 minutes. She comes back and says my two options are: 1) Fly out at 9:30 to Salt Lake City and then on to Cincinatti and then to Raleigh arriving 8 hours later than scheduled, or 2) Leave Honolulu at 3:42 the next morning arriving in Raleigh 10 hours later than scheduled. I chose option one as I had already checked out of my hotel and had turned in the car. Delta also waived the fee for the extra bag and gave me some money for dinner. Needless to say, it was a long day.

It was a great week seeing and talking to many old friends. It was odd going back to Hawaii as a visitor. I haven't done that since 1995 and my Midshipman cruises. I did get to play golf and acquire the obligatory sunburn due to my own stupidity as I am losing my hair and need a hat now. I got all the necessary things done while out there and now am one step closer to the goal of ordination in two years. Time to get some sleep.

No comments: