Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sunny Day

The VOG finally lifted for a day out here in Hawaii yesterday which was vital as I played golf with an old XO. This was the first day I have been out here that the VOG was gone. This is essentially smog due to the volcano on the Big Island that is 100 miles away. The normal trade winds shift from the East and we get light winds from the South that blows in all the smoke from the volcano. This makes the islands very hazy, humid and hot similar to a summer day in the South. As it was bright and sunny finally, of course I didn't put on enough sunscreen so I will suffer for a few days, but any day golfing is really worth it right?

All my meetings are done here and I just have to pick up some uniforms, pack and fly out this afternoon. It was a great trip that accomplished a lot but also allowed for some serious relaxation for the first time since August.

No comments: