Monday, October 25, 2010

Orders At Last

I finally received my official orders last Wednesday to Camp Lejeune with the 2nd Marine Division (I've had verbal orders for almost 2 months.  Got to love Congress not passing budgets).  That means that I'll be the chaplain for an infantry battalion for the next few years.  I'm hoping that my arrival times out such that I'll get two deployments during my tour.  What has been crazy is the short fuse from orders to reporting.  I'm used to getting a few months between receiving orders and the report date, but after a few crazy days it has calmed down a bit and it will be nice to check in and start earning some pay for a change.  I report on Friday, but the command has been gracious in allowing me to focus on getting the house in Durham packed and ready for sale as well as finding a place near Lejeune over the next few weeks so I can hit the ground running in mid-November.  Luckily there are a number of houses for sale down that way that look promising and are empty meaning I can get a quick closing. 

No comments: