Saturday, April 3, 2010

One Step Closer

Seeing how school work has been keeping me quite busy lately, I figured during my night off from school to focus on the Final Four would be a good time for a quick post to update the ordination status.  A few weeks ago, I was deemed certified ready for a call.  This basically means I have met all the requirements to officially look for a job and to have my resume for the denomination posted online.  I still need to find a job in order to get ordained, so there is still more waiting.  I have an endorsement from my denomination to enter as an active duty chaplain upon graduation and pending my ordination, so right now I am really just waiting to graduate (4 weeks and 4 papers away) and have the Navy board approve my application.  Once that happens, I get to go back to the presbytery and get final approval for ordination, then it is off to wherever the Navy sends me. 

Now if I can just find some motivation for school in these last few weeks it will make the wait less frustrating. 

No comments: