Sunday, June 7, 2009

OCS Week 1

No I am not a candidate at OCS here in Quantico, I am actually on staff for the next few weeks for some summer training as a Chaplain. I have been assigned to two companies of officer candidates to serve as a semi-Chaplain since I can't do everything a Chaplain does, but it has been a great first week. I can really see myself doing this job for the rest of my working life.

I was able to see the candidates on their first day when the DI's picked them up from the orientation leaders and have been alongside them in many evolutions since then. I have been doing some heavy PT that I have to arrive at around 0510 in the morning to get the brief and get ready to run, etc. I will be going out in the field with the companies, doing the hikes and such with them. I have been sitting in on their classes and of course helping out with worship here on base for the candidates. Today was great seeing about 700 people at worship, even if some of them were just there to catch a few moments of shut eye.

No comments: