Saturday, August 28, 2010

Apostolic Succession

This past Sunday I was ordained as a Minister of Word and Sacrament in the Presbyterian Church (USA).  It was a wonderful service in which many different people who have been a big part of my theological training and ordination process were able to participate.  What a great honor and privilege to have the service at the congregation that I interned with my first year of seminary, St. Giles Presbyterian in Raleigh, NC.  They are such a wonderful congregation that gently taught me how to live into this calling and they really drew out my gifts in ministry.  I also stood in awe of the number of people who traveled great distances to be there, some I hadn't seen in over 5 years.  Looking back it is pretty humbling as the journey started 6 years ago when I discerned a call to ordained ministry and began in earnest about 4 1/2 years ago when I came under care of FPC Honolulu as an inquirer.  After many interviews, cross country trips and exams I now am ordained and awaiting official orders to begin the next chapter of my life as a Navy Chaplain.  Next step is the formal commissioning that will occur next week.

The photos below are from the ordination prayer and laying on of hands and a shot of me after the service greeting members of the congregation. 


1 comment:

blunoz said...

Congratulations! God bless you in your service to our Sailors and Marines.